Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On the Go!

I got this picture at work today:

It's really cool to see our combines in action. If anyone wonders what I do for a "real" job, I'm the person who makes sure that all the legalities are in place for these puppies as well as "revenue assurance," which basically means I help keep track of the money part as well. I really do love my job and it definitely keeps me on my toes and always learning something new. Although I have some basic functions that remain consistent, I also may be asked a question that takes me all day long to resolve or compile the data because no one had ever needed it before (which certainly makes things more interesting).

The cool thing about the above photo is usually you'll see three combines running together like this for wheat harvest. This is corn. That may seem like a small difference, but farmers know this is an unusual site, and pretty darned cool!

Speaking of work, I think I'll hook Paula up to this baby and see how it handles in rush hour:

I bet she'd get 20 miles per flake!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol what the hell is that??? A horse drawn modern harvester??

Jessie said...

It's some sort of new racehorse training contraption. All I could keep thinking was, what would happen if the horse tripped and fell??

Thump, thump....

*shudders*