Saturday, August 8, 2009

St. Bartholomew's in London

I thought since I mentioned this great church in my last post, I'd write a little more about it today.

I highly recommend, if you're ever in London, do visit this church. It is not visited by many tourists but is historic and inspirational. It is amazing to walk through it, realizing it is nearly nine hundred years old!


St Bartholomew the Great (the church and nearby hospital) was established in 1123 by Rahere a courtier and favourite of King Henry I.

The interior has appeared in many movies, such as Shakespeare in Love (the scene where Shakespeare goes to pray because he believes he's killed Christopher Marlow), Four Weddings and a Funeral, and The Other Boleyn Girl.

It was an amazing experience to walk through its halls.

No comments: